Remember that indoor attractions get very busy when it’s raining but there are plenty to choose from in Blackpool. Here are my top 10 favourites:
1. Tower circus … pass 2 hours (with or without kids!) watching incredibly talented performers in this iconic building. At around £10 per adult it’s a brilliant show!
2. Sandcastle Indoor Waterpark … get wet indoors in tropical heat with a choice of slides & attractions to keep even the biggest kids amused. Ride the roof-top slides if you dare!
3. Madame Tussauds Waxworks … upgraded with new “entertainment” & “variety”-themed models; take your camera along & have a picture taken with Cheryl Cole, Alan Carr, Susan Boyle, The Queen or your favourite performer.
4. The Arena … ice skating anyone?
5. HoundsHill shopping centre … retail therapy at it’s best with all the big High Street names, plenty of seating & places for a coffee or bite to eat
6. Jungle Jims (in the Tower) or The Playbarn (next door to the zoo) … great indoor play areas so the kids can let off some steam
7. Coral Island … the biggest amusement arcade on the Prom with slots, grab machines & rides for the kids; hope you saved plenty of 2p’s!
8. Sealife Centre … sharks, rays, octopus … fish galore
9. The Tower Eye, 4D experience … a 3D film before you go up the Tower is made 4D with other special effects (I won’t spoil it for you!); this is EXCELLENT & not boring at all! Then it’s up the Tower to walk on the glass floor & peer out of the floor to ceiling glass windows (not that you’ll spot the Lake District if it’s raining!)
10. Odeon Cinema in Rigby Road … enjoy popcorn, fizzy drinks & the latest blockbuster
11. The Tower Dungeons … a brilliant interactive attraction (real actors), akin to the Horrible Histories which kids love. A drop ride ends the experience or you can choose not to take this if you prefer.
12. Catch a show in the evening … choose from The Grand Theatre, The Opera House, North Pier, Central Pier & the Pleasure Beach; there’s bound to be something for you!! If not, try the live entertainment in the many bars & clubs. The cabaret at the Talk of the Coast at the end of our street is both free & excellent!
(Yes, I know that’s 12 … but there are so many things to choose from & I could go on). Hope I’ve inspired you!